Mammography Mobile Unit
Saturday, March 25, 2023 (all day)
|Repeats Daily, starting from Mar 21, 2023, until Apr 1, 2023 See all dates|
|Add to Calendar|
Peavy Mart Parking Lot
|Book now, appointments will fill up quickly!|
Mammograms Save Lives!
No more excuses ladies, the Mammography Mobile Unit is coming to Strathmore.
March 21 - April 1, 2023
Peavey Mart parking lot.
Book now, appointments will fill up quickly!
Who should be screened?
• 45 to 74: This group is most commonly diagnosed with breast cancer, and should plan to have a mammogram every 2 years until they turn 75. This group can self-refer.
• 40 to 44: Screening is optional and they should discuss the risks and benefits of screening with their health care provider. A referral is needed for their first mammogram in Alberta, which is available online here.
• 75 and over: Can continue screening and should discuss the risks and benefits with their health care provider.
• Screening mammograms are not recommended for those under age 40: Talk to your health care provider if concerned about having an increased risk of breast cancer.
Transgender, gender diverse and non-binary people eligible for screening:
• Assigned female at birth and have not undergone top surgery (mastectomy), or
• Assigned male at birth and have been on feminizing hormone therapy for 5+ years in total.
Why are mammograms important?
Screening mammograms are routine tests used to find early signs of cancer in individuals who have no breast problems or symptoms. They can find changes in the breast that are too small to be felt.
Early detection with mammograms is one of the reasons that most women (90%) are now surviving breast cancer. To learn more about Screen Test, visit our website or call us at 1-800-667-0604.
Learn about your personal risk of breast cancer and what you can do about it: https://screeningforlife.ca/br...
Additional Event Dates
This event is also occurring on the following dates:
No occurrences found for this timeframe (next 6 months from today).